Weird taskbar bug after closing out of applications.

Hello, this is my first time posting on here and I'm not too sure if this is the right place for tech support, but here is my problem:

On the 14th after some hours of use I closed out of an app and noticed that the icon on the taskbar had duplicated, and on the left side of the taskbar where the search bar was another of the same Icon, and I hovered over it with my mouse and it went away. Then I opened the steam app to see if it does it, and it did. I tried replicating it using google chrome, and I dont think I saw it with chrome. However I tried file explorer and it popped up again and the same things happened yesterday. I recall seeing this issue about a year ago in november 2020 however I dont remember if the issue ever went away. And I replaced my GPU in august 2021, upgrading to a 3080 and also upgraded my ram. For atleast the past 5 months I'm sure I did not see this issue, however I really hope it is not my GPU. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Specs if needed: RTX 3080 TUF, 32GB ram, i7 9700k, z390 gigabyte pro wifi, samsung 970 1tb nvme ssd, 850W Psu and windows 10 home 64x.

Here is a video of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8BHkfAdFg

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99