Ready, set! Nothing?

Options
Hey, my names Lee and I’m rather new to PC used to be a console gamer and I’ve been having problems with valorant among other things but error code 1067 I believe “needs secure boot and TPM 2.0” I have TPM 2.0 but not secure boot and I needed platform key so here I was in BIOS enabling platform key PTT? PPT? Idk and I enabled secure port, saved the configuration and restarted my computer- BAM! Black nothingness but my computer and kbm on?
I’ve gone over the following:
monitor cables, and  input-output (both my pc and monitor- to be clear) 
clear caps? 
And I’ve been having many problems including my power supply needed-ing to be replaced to a gold.
Here are my specs as well:
PowerSpec G438
Motherboard: MSI ZA90-A Pro
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Z490
CPU Core: Eight-Core
CPU Type: Core i7
CPU Speed: 10700K (3.8GHz)
Turbo Boost Speed: Up to 5.1GHz
Smart Cache: 16MB
CPU Brand: Intel
Front Side Bus: 8GT/s
CPU Socket: FCLGA1200
CPU’s Installed: 1

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings, if you aren't getting anything to come up on your screen at all, not even the options to enter BIOS - I'd suggest to unplug your PC from power, open up the side and pull the CMOS battery from the board. Looking for this:

Leave it out for about 10 minutes and then place it back in the same slot and try to boot up your PC again.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Lee_ezwolfe

There are factory default keys that you can load. On the MSI board tap "Delete" on startup to enter the BIOS. Click "Security" on the bottom left. Look at the "Secure Boot Mode". If it's custom, set it to standard, it'll prompt you to load the factory default keys. If it's Standard, you can set it to custom, then back to standard and load when prompted. Or leave it custom then select "Enroll Factory Defaults". You can set to custom after and check "Key Management" to verify the keys are populated, then enable secure boot. You should be good to go from t here.

Windows 11 requires secure boot be supported, but not enabled. This appears to be related to new Anti-Cheat and hardware banning features on Riot's side, though I am speculating.

• RigZ
    Options

Lee, when I try to turn on secure boot i Believe I’m told to load the the factory default keys as well. Can you give me a slightly more detailed (click by click) instructions to do that? Thanks!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@RigZ

That prompt should be when you switch the Secure Boot Mode to "Standard". What board do you have? Let me know the board or the PowerSpec model and I'll see if i can get some screenshots.

• RigZ
    Options

Awesome!! Thank you! Below is my board spec. Really appreciate your help!

• RigZ
    Options

@TSMikeW Hey, sorry didn’t tag you when I posted the Board info above. Thanks!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited February 2022
    Options

@RigZ

• Press F7 for Advanced Mode or clear where outlined.
    • Click Settings on the left then select Security.
    • Click Secure Boot.

• Click Secure Boot Mode and select Standard.
    • In the pop up window click Yes.
    • In the pop up asking you to reset without saving, click No. This is a bug.
    • Click Secure Boot and select Enabled.
    • Click Settings on the left to go back to the main settings menu and click Save & Exit.
    • Click Save Changes and Exit.
    • Click Yes.

System will reboot and now you should have secure boot enabled and keys loaded.

• RigZ
    Options

@TSMikeW Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! Looks like all is good!! Very much appreciate your help getting this cleared up!!

• TSKevinG
    Options

Glad we were able to Help get this working for you @RigZ. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99