My pc shuts down few minutes after booting up

Options
I bought a pre built gaming pc about a year ago ( Cyberpower Gamer Supreme), recently it’s been shutting down after I boot it up. I sign into my account and I can be on the Home Screen but after about 5 minutes it shuts down. I put it into bios and after about 25 mins it shuts down. I reset the pc and it was working fine for about a day and a half but then it happened again. 

This is a list of things I’ve done/ tried that have not worked 

• I checked the psu, the one it had installed was a apevia 800w. Post that I saw recommended to change the psu so I purchased a RM850x 
  • I cleaned out my pc 
  • My cpu was hot so I figured it was do to it overheating, I reapplied thermal paste and it wasn’t as hot anymore but the pc still keeps shutting down even when idle, temps have been in range of 30 c - 53 c, (53c when playing a game sims to be exact) (30c when idle
  • Bios was updated, although not to the latest version because the pc does shutdown in bios, my pc is still shutting down after the update 
  • I checked the drivers and they are all up to date
I haven’t touched my ram yet to test out if that can be the cause nor my motherboard.
i don’t think it can be my outlet because my monitor and tv stay on. Although my outlet can be a possibility just doubting that is a cause if my problem. 

Specs 
  Amd Ryzen 7 3700x
  Nvidia  GeForce etc 3070 
  Asrock b450m/ac
  Corsair rm850x
  2 crucial ballistax 8gb ram ddr4 3000

I’m planning to take it in to a micro center and seeing what they recommend 
Any suggestions on what to try next?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Unicorn

Please clarify. The system shuts off and does not restart correct? Are you able to turn it back on immediately or do you need to wait sometimes?

• Unicorn
    Options
    I can turn it on immediately after it shuts down 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Unicorn

Shutdown tells you you're triggering an emergency either due to temperatures, or power delivery. You've monitored the temps and it sounds like they stayed low, so we'll rule out heat.

Power. you've replaced the PSU. Next, replace the power cable, if you didn't previously. Test another outlet if you can. If that all fails, you're back to the VRM on the board being your final culprit. In that event, replace or RMA the board.

• Unicorn
    Options
    I tested out another outlet and after about 20-25 mins it still shutdown, aswell as being a slow while using it during that time. Looks like it is the motherboard I’m guessing, I’ll double check to see if it’s still under warranty. 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Unicorn

Sounds like you've ruled everything out that you can. Let us know if you have any other questions after you've swapped the board.

• Bodasactra
    Bodasactra ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Options

Get Hardware info app, run it and watch all the temps, the board VRM, CPU, GPU. see if something is running hot. Also, you can see the power rails on this app for PSU.

Check the code light that comes on when the shutdown happens

Check the Windows system logs for hardware errors

Try running with the case open in a cold room to determine if its temps. If it runs longer its temps on something and hardware info will show it out.

Make certain all hardware is seated properly

Try unplugging extra drives and only using boot drive, a drive may be getting hot, especially if you have SSDs in really confined spots like on the back of the motherboard in the right side of the case

then take it in

• Unicorn
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will try when I get home 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.