Are these parts good?

Options
I changed some parts to my old build and was wondering if they’re good! Also, what monitors would you recommend? 

Answers

• itsBrian
    Options

It really depends on what you want to do with your computer.

CPU + MOBO: If you're mostly interested in gaming, I think Microcenter's current pricing on the 11400 or 11600K would give you roughly equivalent gaming performance at a better overall value.

RAM: For the same price you can get a similar model for 2x8GB at 3600 Mhz, which I think would be the better choice.

GPU: Regrettably "can you buy this GPU" is a more important question than "is this the best GPU for my build" most of the time. If you are planning on streaming (generative content, not consuming) then I would lean more towards the nvidia 3000 series. Otherwise my general advise is get the best card that fits in your budget that you can actually get.

PSU: That's probably an appropriately sized choice in terms of power.

Case: I think the Lancool 215 or Fractal Meshify C are both better overall cases at the same price-point.

Monitor: For this your specific, primary use for the computer is going to be the most important factor, so we'll need some feedback on that.

Other thoughts: Don't forget to budget for and select other peripherals if this is your first Desktop. For example getting a good quality keyboard, mouse, and headset will help you get the most enjoyment out of using the system.

• TaeTae
    Options
    @itsBrian
    hi, thank you for the input, i’m mainly getting a pc for gaming, art and possibly streaming. This is will be my first PC so I don’t have much knowledge on the parts lol. 
  • itsBrian
    Options

@TaeTae What games do you play, or intend to play?

When you say "art" what does that look like? What are you creating and what programs do you use?

• TaeTae
    Options
    @itsBrian
    I play games like Genshin impact, Overwatch, Apex, and more. Games I’m looking forward to playing are Valorant and League. With art, I’m gonna use programs like Adobe photoshop and clip studio. I’m gonna have a drawing tablet hooked up to the PC and stuff like that. 
  • TaeTae
    Options
    @itsBrian

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=2a79d29f-76cb-4e5c-9067-5dd35a9631fa 

Is this what you had in mind? The GPU is sold out rn, so is there another GPU that could work? 

• itsBrian
    Options

I think your selection would be great for those uses (with or without any of my recommendations). Regrettably, getting a GPU will probably be your limiting factor in completing a successful build.

For the monitor, I would probably recommend getting one "nice" monitor which will need to be a jack of all trades of sorts as I don't know if your budget would have room for a "gaming" monitor and an "art" monitor. I would probably consider getting a 1440p monitor with a good refresh rate (>120Hz) and decent color range. Maybe something like this https://www.microcenter.com/product/627518/dell-s2721dgf-27-2k-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-165hz-wide-screen-gaming-monitor

If you determine you need additional screen workspace, and you get the money for it, you can consider adding in another relatively cheap monitor for a "secondary"

• TaeTae
    Options
    @itsBrian
    ok thank you so much for your help! I literally had no idea what I was doing lol. I’ll definitely look into the monitor, my budget is around $2000 - $2,500 at the moment :smile:
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99