Looking for feedback on this build

Options

It's been nearly a decade since my last PC build, so I'm a bit rusty. While I consulted friends and the internet for advice while building, it'd be nice to get a bit of feedback about the build I ended up with. Here's the link: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=03c20e76-f7f5-41e5-be7d-a23955159755

As far as parameters go, I'd like to stick around this price point (currently ~$1300 with tax), ideally under $1500. Honestly most of what I use my desktop for these days is remoting into work, and I would classify myself as a lite/casual gamer. What finally convinced me to update/upgrade was my current PC struggling to run Subnautica at more than 5 fps, although Control does look cool as well (and is well outside the abilities of my 10-year-old machine).

I'm fairly set on the processor and GPU (current monitor is 1080p, no real plans to upgrade but bumping up to 1440p at some point might be nice). I could probably be convinced to go with 16 GB (2x8GB) RAM instead of 32 GB and possibly get a different case. I have a set of bluetooth over-ear headphones I use, currently with a USB receiver dongle. Is it worth getting a different motherboard or adding a wireless card? I have a wired connection at my desk, so the on-board ethernet port on the listed motherboard should be fine for internet.

Thanks!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99