My repair order has taken over 20 days to fix my computer with a minor issue. What do I do?

Options

I sent my computer in about 22 days ago, and thought it would take only 2-3 days like every other repair order I've made. This time, something had gotten stuck in the charging port and I didn't have anything to pull it out with. It would charge, but it wouldn't go up, it would just stay the same and go down when it wasn't charging. I figured it would be an easy fix, just pull out whatever's in there! But apparently the computer needed new parts, and they were going to contact me 12 days later. I was shocked. What the heck would take them 12+ days to fix?! At the time I thought it would only be 12 days, and I figured I could just buy one of those cheap Chromebooks for work/school. But no, all of my work files are on that computer. I got mad and contacted the person working on my computer via text and they just told me "The parts are still en-route. I can't control shipping." I said it was fine and waited a week. I texted again, same answer. I checked the tracking site. Order not found. What on earth could be taking so long to ship these parts? Do I even need them? What do I do?

Best Answer

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99