Am very hesitant about my first build. Anyone local to me available for in-person consultation?

Options

Hi, my parts are below. I have almost everything except for the case (Lian Li Air mini). I am a lifelong console player making the switch and I've never built a PC before (28 M) so I would like to invite someone local to my apt in Silver Spring, MD to help me not mess this up.

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Founders Edition Video Card

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor

MOBO: Asus PRIME B660M-A D4 WIFI Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

AIO: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. I am sorry, we do not offer any specific in-home services at Micro Center. If you want to bring your PC in to Micro Center to have someone build it, we can do that for you! More information may be found at https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx 

• Would change the mobo to a z690 series for that cpu and gpu combo.....

• kunzek
    Options

Like I said I'm super new to PC building. I already bought the B600M and I think it would be hard or not possible to return it. May I ask why I should get the z690 instead? I am strictly gaming and not going to OC.

Thanks!

• Sorry for the delayed response. If you bought it but not have opened it. should be an easy return. I just did my first build a month ago. Console gamer for 20 years. It is def a game changer. Your setup is nice btw, cpu/gpu combo is very good. I would possibly up the ram from 32/ 3200 to 32/3600-4000. here is my setup if you had any questions.

CPU-Intel i5 12600k

MOTHERBOARD-MSI Edge wifi z690 LGA 1700 DDR4

RAM-Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-4000

TOWER-Lian Li II Mesh Tempered glass eatx tower

POWER-EVGA 1000 w gold

GPU-Evga 3080 ti ftw3 ultra

SSD-Samsung 970 evo plus ssd 1 tb (for the games)

SSD-Samsung 970 evo plus ssd 500gb (for everything else)

HEATSINK-Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler

OPERATING-Windows 10 64bit

MONITOR-Dell - S2721DGF 27" Gaming IPS QHD FreeSync and G-SYNC 165hz 1ms

• Scary_Guy
    Scary_Guy ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited February 2022
    Options

I can almost guarantee you don't need anyone to assemble it for you and you can do it all yourself. 20 years ago maybe but these days it's about as easy as LEGO. Watch some tutorials on YouTube and read the manuals and you'll be all set.

I was building my first systems when I was in my teens back in the late 90's and I was done in about an hour. Two hours if you include the time for Windows 98 to install.

As long as you got all compatible parts you'll be golden.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99