View 71 Thermal Case Fans aren't detected and space for more fans?

Options

Hello:

I just had recently upgraded my case from a Lian Li Dynamic to a ThermalTake View 71. A couple of questions, I downloaded the software to change the colors on my fans but I keep getting this error where it says "Cannot detect controller, please check that the fan is connected" the fans spin and there's a white ring light coming from each 3x fans, was I supposed to buy my own hub, I figured it'd come with one but it doesn't? If it doesn't, why didn't the tech guy who worked on my computer mention that part? (Tier 2 package of a rebuild/build). 2nd part of the question, my old case had 3 leftover fans, and the manager of the store told me there was no space in the computer... but there's plenty of space and when I watched other people's videos they have a ton of fans in theirs... why would the manager tell me otherwise... like wtf? and on a side note the Paterson Store in NJ is complete trash with responding back to their texts, I've asked questions and it just blows over their heads, they're so lazy and extremely sus.

Thanks for the read, and any comment will be useful.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2022
    Options

@Akio

The Thermaltake RGB software is meant for the Ring 14 RGB Controller that I don't believe is included. If you're connecting the RGB fans directly to the board via the RGB header, either individually or through a breakout cable you should be using the RGB software provided by your motherboard manufacturer instead.

I have no answer on why you were advised the case wouldn't fit more than three fans. The case should support up to nine total.

• Akio
    Options
    TSMikeW I downloaded both the motherboard software/the thermalTake software and went into the bios setting, I’m not computer savvy at all so I tried the best of my ability to find the Where the connected fans were located but I have zero luck with it, I just don’t see why the techs at microcenter didn’t want to disclose this information to me, I paid for a service and I wasn’t satisfied, I set up a ticket and they neglected to call me too, swear for a computer/tech company, the Patterson NJ location is complete trash
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Akio

We apologize for the poor customer experience. I will have someone escalate your request for contact from the New Jersey store. In the meantime I can help you figure out what's going. Please provide your motherboard model and if you could post a picture of the system, as assembled.

• Akio
    Options

@TSMikeW Someone ended up calling and the manager said he'd refund me the labor price because there was a communication difference between the tech, service manager, and me. Kind of weird that they'll be sending me a check tho, but whatever... there's a local CPR place I can take my computer to and see if they can fix my issue, but I do I have a question tho... I looked everywhere and I cannot/don't know how to change the speed of my CPU fan, it should've been in my startup bios but no matter how many times I try to change the speed, it never takes effect and also only 1 fan spins crazy, the one next to it barely spins at all... is that an odd thing? Also seems like my computer came out in a worser way than it went in lol. The motherboard I have is a Asus PrimeX-570 Pro, with a Corsair Series H100i PRO RGB CPU, is there a manual fix for why only 1 fan sounds loud (left) and the other (right) barely spinning?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Akio

First regarding the Thermaltake case. I'm gathering that the fans/RGB on this case are proprietary to the included controller. I believe what the manager meant originally about not being able to fit more than three fans referred to this. You'd need additional RING controllers. So the fans would have to be connected to the RING controller, we need to trace it and see what's going on there.

For the noisy fan, we need to figure out what's going on. With the Corsair H100i it has power straight from the PSU with a SATA power connector, then a single 3 pin to the board for thermal detection. Presumably uses the RPM sensor feedback to regulate fan and pump speeds automatically, as a means of detecting thermals. However, power is provided directly from the PSU so this connector isn't powering or controlling it. For actual fan control, it has a USB connector that attaches to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard. You would need to adjust your fan curves through the Corsair iCUE software.

iCUE is also going to show you the RPM's. Make sure the RPM is consistent with the noise level then adjust from there.

• Akio
    Akio
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Options

So essentially I took it to a 3rd rate computer repair shop, they deemed the fan was broken thus why I cannot control it, it worked fine before I took to micro center, and according to their tech team, it worked as well. I think they lied, and according to the people who quoted me, someone at micro center kept touching the fan which burned/ruined the pin control, thus why my fan spins faster than the one adjacent to it spins slower/sometimes not at all... so that's great. I remember even asking the rep why my computer was doing that and he said it was normal... So essentially I gotta buy a new CPU cooler... fun. Thought I'd update you on what happened.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99