5600g or 5800x?

Options
If there’s only a $60 difference should I go with the 5600g or the 5800x?

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@SlickWiskas93

The 5600G would be about $100 less, I think you mean the 5700G which is more comparable and right at that $50-60 mark. Unless you need the APU the 5800X stock is a better option. Higher clocks stock, PCIe 4.0, larger L3 cache. The 5700G can be an interesting option for overclocking though with the generally lower temperatures and better results I've seen with memory overclocking.

• Thanks for the response @TSMikeW, I currently have the 5600g that I paid $240 for in my first build, however, I see that micro center actually has the 5800x on sale for $299 and was wondering if that would be a better choice for the long term. I originally went with the APU due to the GPU BS going on right now but I recently picked up a 3060 below MSRP that I plan on using until I can find a 3070 or 3080 at MSRP or below. 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@SlickWiskas93

It's certainly an upgrade. It's really a question of what you're using the PC for and if you're going to get anything out of it. Anything CPU intensive where the extra cores will make a significant difference, it's worth it. If you're gaming, I probably wouldn't bother. Save the money for your next upgrade.

• Okay thanks that’s exactly what I was I looking for. It will be mostly gaming, light internet and misc tasks for its use so I think I’ll stick with the 5600g. I appreciate the help!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99