ethernet not working

Options
i just installed windows on my new pc today and was trying to get ethernet to work so i can actually start using it. originally i used a cat6 100 ft cable from amazon and it didn’t work with my pc. it would work when i connected it from router to my laptop but not with the pc. i had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver/ disabling and enabling but that hasn’t worked. after fighting with this for a couple hours i went to micro center and picked up a better cat6 cable just in case and still no luck. my ethernet adapter is Intel ethernet controller I225-V. i’m not sure if maybe this is a problem with the driver/system itself or if the port on my motherboard (asus strix b-550 a gaming) is faulty as it doesn’t detect the cable at all. please help!!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@babisoup

We'll need to get a bit more information from you. First, is the light on the ethernet port lighting up to indicate it's detecting the cable? If so, do you have an IP address? If not, is the driver showing installed and working properly in device manager?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99