Need some help lowering CPU temperatures

I recently upgraded my PC to a 3080TI, an MSI Mag Z590 Tomahawk WiFi motherboard and an Intel i7- 11700KF. Everything went smoothly with the build except I am hitting high temps during both idle and load. I upgraded from a 2060 super with a 9700KF with a Noctua nh-d15. I carried this cooler over to the new build and properly cleaned it off and re-applied thermal paste for my new build. I have been idling around 45 Celsius and I hit 92 Celsius while playing Forza horizon 5 for about 25 minutes and I promptly closed the game to let the temps drop. My old build was idling around 32 Celsius and peaking around 75 in most cases. I have tried taking off my heatsink/fan and re-seating it but I did not get any improvements. I also went into the BIOS and upped my fans a little bit to help cool things down but this also did not make a noticeable improvement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓

That's not out of the ordinary for that processor with an air cooler. I wouldn't consider that to be out of range for operating temperatures.

The next step to lower the temperature would be to go with a 240mm water cooler or so.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99