G468 Games Keep Crashing

Options
Scott_S
Scott_S
First Comment
edited March 2022 in PowerSpec

This was my first time buying (Oct, 2021) instead of building a desktop and I am currently really regretting it. The PC freezes and crashes to desktop or reboots on all kinds of games. Forza5, COD:CW, BF2042 etc.. Weirdly it does NOT crash on World of Warships. I have uninstall and reinstall the games multiple times same issue. Lastly, I switched out the PSU with a EVGA 1000 G+ Gold Plus I have and then reset Windows completely (i.e. all data removed fresh start). I then reinstalled Nvidia drivers and ran Furmark GPU Stress Test for 30 minutes without issue. Finally, I ran Forza5. It worked for about 20 minutes then freeze, horrible noise from speakers and rebooted PC. The GPU and CPU temps have remained in acceptable ranges when these issues happen.

I really need someone's help with this, please. If I have a $2500 + gaming PC that can only play one game...............

Well, to say I will be highly upset is an incredible under statement!

Thank You in advance.................

Scott S.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Scott_S

We'll look into this for you. Lets start with a screenshot from bluescreenview: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview-x64.zip

This will give us a better indication as to what the issue is with the system and we'll help you solve this problem.

• Scott_S
    Options

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate all and any help. Here is the screenshot.

If I didn't get it quite right or you need more information please let me know.

Scott S.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Scott_S

Only one BSOD recorded. How many of the black screen crashes have you had since reinstalling the OS? The BSOD points towards system files and looks random, though we have no significant sample size. The games isn't crashing (WOWS) recommends 4GB, versus the other games recommending 16GB. A memory issue seems likely and a good place to start our testing. Furmark will max VRAM on your card, but does nothing to stress the system memory.

I'd run the windows memory diagnostics and see if that passes first.

• Scott_S
    Options

Ok, thanks Mike. Before I reinstalled Windows (after many game crashes) I did run Windows memory Diagnostics and it didn't pass. I will run it again and see what happens. If it does not pass again I have another 32GB of Ram but it is only 3200 not 3600 should I go ahead and try and swap the memory in that case?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Scott_S

Yes, that would confirm it. There's no reason the memory diagnostic should ever fail unless you overclocking the RAM. It should always pass on the XMP, that's what we test and qualify the RAM on. I'd verify the diagnostic fails. You can swap in the other kit and load the XMP to confirm beyond the diagnostic. The system comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty through us. We'll need to replace the memory kit under warranty for you at your local service department.

• Scott_S
    Options

Sorry, been a few days. The problem has been getting worse and worse. I ran memory diagnostic again and it did fail. I then swapped the memory with the good kit I have. But, same issue occurred. So, I tried updating the BIOS and now windows just crashes every time on start-up. I even tried reinstalling it on a different Nvme drive I have and the install failed. At this point I'm pretty sure the motherboard is bad.

I'm heading to the store I bought it from for warranty service. Just wish it wasn't an hour and half drive one-way.

I do appreciate and thank you for the help though, Mike.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Scott_S

Sounds like the instability increased drastically. If it's not the memory itself, could very well be the memory controller. We do apologize for the inconvenience of having to bring it in. Your local service department will take care of it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99