Is this unit, Vector Pro RTX 3070, 1TB NVMe SSD compatible with SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2

Options

Is this unit, Vector Pro RTX 3070, 1TB NVMe SSD compatible with SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V- nand

Best Answer

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. There's a few models of Vector Pro with 3070's. Which one specifically are you looking to check on?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

m.2 drives come in several lengths. the sizing number is always 22-something. meaning 22mm wide by how many mm in length. so an m.2 that is size 2260 is 22mm wide and 60mm long. you just need to find out (or measure the existing m.2) how long your laptop's m.2 space is and get that size of a new one. any nvme of the correct size is compatible. laptops often take the shorter kinds due to space constraints so the size is the only thing you need to find for compatibility. it probably has that info in the manual.

• Lmossford
    Options

Hi Magarity,

I have purchased the laptop. It is the MAINGEAR Vector Pro (2021) 17.3 inch RTX 3070 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7 11800H Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GPU, 17.3 inch 165Hz QHD Display, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, Windows 10 Pro, but I haven't received it yet and so I don't have the manual either. I thought that you would have the specs as Micro Center and Amazon are the only two people that are selling this model. If you can't tell me if the SSD I wish to purchase as an add-on to the laptop, i.e. the (SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7S2T0B/AM)) is compatible can you at least give me the size of the SSD that comes with the maingear laptop as the description only says ITB NVMe SSD. I hope I have given you enough information for you to answer my question.

thank You and Kind regards

Lawrence

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

oh, this is a public forum, i am not a mc employee. my advice is, for this kind of detail, you will probably have to wait until it arrives and either look inside or read the manual.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99