Can I Interchange these PowerSpec cables?

Options
Gauserrr
Gauserrr
First Comment
edited March 2022 in PowerSpec
Hi there, I just bought a PowerSpec 850W Gold PSU from you. It came with 2 8 pin connectors for my GPU, and I need a third one. 

I currently have a PowerSpec 750W Gold that I bought from you last year. Are those cables compatible with my new PSU? I heard mixing cables can be very dangerous so I was hoping you could help me make sure.

If they aren’t compatible: how could I go about getting a cable That is?

thanks a ton for your help

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

Greetings @Gauserrr

Looking at the PowerSpec 850GFM, and the PowerSpec 750GSM they are not interchangeable. Looks like the 850GFM has the PCIE pinned per spec. The 750GSM has it pinned on the PSU with an extra 12V, that is not connected on the cable. You'll notice on the 750GSM, that the pin on the top right on the end connecting to the power supply, is not connected.

The 850W should have included 2x2 6+2. We can get you a replacement cable. Are you near the store where you purchased this?

• Gauserrr
    Options
    Hi there, 

thanks so much for your help. I am near the Sharonville, OH Microcenter that I purchased this at, and need one more of the 6+2 for the 850W PSU. 

If I go there now will they have it? Or does a special ticket number need to be put in? 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Gauserrr

Inventory shows they have two additional on hand. If they have it, I'm sure they can exchange the accessory package for you and verify the additional cable is there. I'd bring your power supply in with you, just in case.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99