Am I getting NewEgged?

Options

On March 3, 2022, I ordered (through Amazon) the "Micro Center AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor 6-core Up to 4.6GHz Unlocked with Wraith Stealth Cooler Bundle with ASUS ROG Strix B550-F". On March 5, 2022, I received a single 9"x6.5"x3.5" package from Micro Center 172 Trade Street, Lexington, KY. Already confused, I opened the package and found the only things in the box that was what I ordered were the Wraith heatsink and the CPU box. The CPU inside said (unsealed prior to arrival) box was a Ryzen 3600 (with fingerprints on it) and the heatsink was obviously previously used due to the state of the grease. I have already started the return process through Amazon and will hopefully be refunded so I can still afford to obtain the parts I purchased. This is not a refund or help request, just a notification of potential foul play.

Comments

• PamNorde
    Options

@Brofisticus Howdy! I have been buying open box items from MC for years (maybe decades). I have also seen behind the veil. Based on that address it was shipped by Amazon directly not fulfilled my Micro Center. Those items are sent to Amazon for sale and AFAIK they are retail items. I would chalk this up to an amazon issue before placing blame on MC. Not so say that are innocent/infallible, but Amazon is notoriously bad. I order filament online from Micro Center all the time and the ones fulfilled by Amazon are mislabeled (amazon stickers, not MC's) but when I order through micro center (which I often have to because of shipping/account issues) I think they are fulfilled by their stores and never had the issues.

Good looking out just the same and pray MC never becomes new egg... that is I think the 5th horsemen.

• Brofisticus
    Options

It was actually bought new. Not really sure who is to blame, but one company really needs to have a little chat with the other.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99