What BIOS F10?

Options

Seriously, I am trying to purchase the parts for my new computer and the System Builder has given me the following warning: The Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor with BIOS version F10. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.

How can I find out what version the motherboard has before I purchase it? - or - How difficult is it to upgrade the BIOS?

Here’s my build - it’s listed as VVT7W4

And also, does anyone have an opinion about solid state memory. My son is concerned that it still has technical issues that need to be worked out before we convert. He is considering changing (our) build to conventional storage drives. Should I stick to the SSD??

Many thanks, and really, what is BIOS anyway?

Best Answer

Answers

• Neilyohh
    Options
    1. you have to buy the motherboard after you buy it you can find out the BIOS revision by powering up the system.
    2. if you carefully and exactly follow the motherboards manufactures user manual and or web site instructions, the BIOS update is easy . just dont power off during the update
    3. BIOS is the burned in software the controls the motherboard
  • GMan
    Options

Thank you so much. That allays so much fear and anxiety I had over this purchase.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99