Church computer

Options

Hello All,

I’m looking to build a computer for my small church so we can live stream our service. I need help picking the parts. We have a digital mixer (usb), one camera with a external hdmi video capture card. The software is Telestream Wirecast and windows 10. I hope we don’t need one of those very expensive gpu’s because my budget is tight, $1500, less would be better.. I thank you for any advice you can give. Thank You

Cedric

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Here are the system requirements for Telestream Wirecast: Live video streaming production software | Telestream Wirecast | Tech Specs

The good news is that these requirements will not stress your $1500 budget and you do not need an expensive GPU.

The main question I have is, when you say build a computer do you mean that literally as in you will put together the parts? Did you consider a prebuild brand name system from say Lenovo, etc? Because then Lenovo (or whoever) provides tech support over the phone. If you build it, you get to be tech support, which is fine until you're laying in bed with flu or something and they need the thing supported. Not that I wish anyone to be sick but you see what I mean?

• cedricsr
    Options

Thanks Majarity,

while I have built a computer before this is for my church and my plan was to have micro center build it but if there is a prebuilt available I down with that. The ability to upgrade is my priority so we can add a little at a time. And not sure about AMD vs INTEL. Thanks so much for your help.

Cedric

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

OK, so let's use this as a starting point:

I picked these parts based on the system requirements listed on that Telestream site. The Ryzen 5000 series are really good money value now and this doesnt need to be a high performance game rig or anything like that.

I don't know what your storage requirements are. If you want to keep old broadcasts archived then this will need a hard drive or two but that case has space for some. Also I dont know where you might place it physically so maybe that case is too big, too small, too hideous or if it will be hidden in a cabinet, etc.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99