1st time building a pc, and I don't know what im doing

Options
petrellivg
edited March 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

I want to build a gaming pc for the first time, and I don't know exactly what I am doing. I have spent hours comparing parts, and scowering the internet for different ideas, I have finally narrowed down all of the parts to one build. I want to know someone's thoughts, on the parts and if they will all work properly when built. Again, I don't know what I'm doing so telling me that everything is wrong would be helpful, any advice you have I will take. Thanks to anyonme who helps 

It won't let me post links, however i put the names of all the components

Here are the parts im planning on using:

CPU

Intel - Core i7-11700KF Rocket Lake 3.6GHz Eight-Core LGA 1200 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included

Motherboard

Gigabyte - Z590 AORUS ELITE AX Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard

RAM

Crucial - Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL15 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K8G30C15U4B - Black

Case

NZXT - H510 Flow Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Power Supply

NZXT - C750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

Video Card

MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus LHR Overclocked Triple Pack 12GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

2.5" SSD

Samsung - 870 EVO 1TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Water Cooling Kits

NZXT - Kraken X63 280mm Water Cooling Kit

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. You wouldn't run in to any issues with those parts, they are all compatible. You don't have an OS listed and you might want to consider adding more storage depending on the games, programs, etc. you plan on using/playing as you can run through 1TB quickly.

• Yingdong
    Yingdong ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options
    1. I'd advise you to go with ryzen 5000, or intel 12th gen instead. 11th gen is a short life gen in purpose to counter AMD zen 3 before 12th gen comes out.
    2. For ballistix ram it would be better to go with 3600cl16 for its overclock ability, or downgrade to the ~$50 2x8g kit if you feel no need to overclock the ram.
    3. Don't go with the QLC Samsung Qvo, it is the worst 3D flash that is on the market. SLC>MLC>TLC>QLC, QLC is the worst both in terms of performance and life expectancy.

Over all this is an decent build, just a few advices to make it better.

• TAPEthan
    Options

1.Agree with Yingdong, get probably the Intel Core i5-12600K or the Ryzen 7 5800X(as both are around $300 or less rn) as it is more feature packed, and packs better performance.

2.Probably aim for a slightly higher clocked memory, or even more memory, as right now RAM(at least DDR4 is fairly cheap).

3.Honestly, if you can get a RTX 3080 for a decent price(like below $800), go for it. However, the RX 6800, 6800 XT, 6900, or 6900 XT are similar or better in pure rasterization performance, if you aren't keen for the DLSS or better Ray Tracing. They're also in stock for a cheaper price typically, so maybe check those graphics cards out.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

3080 really are priced high right now; I have a 6800XT and it's pretty unstoppable for a lot less $$. Recommend you reconsider unless you just have cash to burn.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99