Unsecure Network Issue

Options

I just recently switched to a Wi-Fi only internet provider and within the last couple of days it's been getting glitchy it goes on/off and i intermittently get this message: My, "SSID" isn't secure This wifi network uses an older security standard that's being phased out. We recommend switching to a different network. I'm trying to figure out if it's the mobile Hotspot, The Network Adapter or My PC?

Answers

• asianse
    asianse ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    Options

It looks to be your wifi security protocol. Do you know if it is WEP or WPA or WPA2?

How to Find Your Wi-Fi Security Type in Windows 10

On Windows 10, find the Wi-Fi Connection icon in the taskbar. Click it, then click Properties underneath your current Wi-Fi connection. Scroll down, and look for the Wi-Fi details under Properties. Under that, look for Security Type, which displays your Wi-Fi protocol.

• melvo
    Options
    Are u talking about the device or my pc? I believe the device is WPA2 but i spoke to the provider earlier they say, i have one of the latest devices on the market I was thinking maybe i should update the network adapter because it's a 2010 I connected it to my newer pc that didn't change anything right now it's working great though it's been a little glitchy but not as bad as yesterday 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@melvo

Sounds like it's having trouble renegotiating the connection with the router. Picks it up as probably WEP instead of WPA2. What WIFI adapter do you have? Lets start it off simple with a soft reinstall from device manager. Right click, uninstall, and uninstall. Don't delete the driver yet. This serves the purpose of resetting any parameters on the device that may have changed.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99