When Can We Get A Micro Center Near Or On Florida

Options

So I have a pc that I want to give to my brother but I need a new computer to give him the one I have. When I went to Best Buy they sold every pc component I needed but the prices on those components were expensive. I saw some videos about Micro Center and wanted to go there to get my new pc components to give the old one I had to my brother. But I found out that Micro Center is not near Florida or any in Florida. So I just wanted to know if there would ever be a Micro Center in or near Florida and if so when will it come to Florida.

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community! Thank you for providing us an area you think a Micro Center would be great at! I don't really have the pay-grade to make the decision of opening up a location but I can send this to the people that are and see their thoughts and opinions! 

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

No offense but maybe they're too worried about encountering Florida Man. That guy is always in the news causing trouble!

• Florida_Man
    Options

I would never cause trouble at a Micro Center.

A Micro Center in Tampa would be awesome! Or even Orlando! perhaps both 👀

From, Florida Man.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

Those spots in Florida have been some of our top requested locations. We’ll let our real estate team know!

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options
    If you feel up to a little day trip, we are here in Marietta, Georgia and we would love to help until if and when a Florida store pops up on the map. We have people from Florida, Alabama, North and South Carolina and Tennessee come by every day!
  • Auslander
    Options

Definitely a Tampa and Orlando location would be awesome. We used to have Tiger Direct back in the day and it was awesome. Most of my family and friends are stuck ordering parts from Amazon and Newegg and waiting for days and sometimes weeks to get all the parts coming from different online retailers. Would be nice to have a one stop place for everything like a MC. GA is close enough for a full build but not for times when you need a single item like a PSU, SSD, etc.. Anyways fingers crossed.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

Thanks for showing support for a Florida location! Perhaps one day it will happen.

• Lakeland is right between Tampa and Orlando so maybe you could consider a location there. Lakeland is also where Florida Polytechnic University is, so you would have all of the students there as customers.

• Yeah Lakeland would be the best place for this! It’s not in a big city and is comfortably between both Tampa and Orlando. Plus, Florida Polytechnic University students would definitely bring a lot of business to the store. 
  • Ian
    Options

Hello! There are many factors that go into how we choose the perfect location for one of our stores. We appreciate you sharing your interest with us and will be sure to let our real estate team know we're needed in the Lakeland, FL area! 

• A Lakeland location would be amazing; it's right between Tampa and Orlando, it could be reached easily through I95 and I4, and it's where my university is located (Florida Polytechnic University). We're a very tech-oriented school, a Micro Center here would revolutionize our area!!!

• Gwasdyke
    Gwasdyke ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2022
    Options

I, less than 5 minutes ago, just made an account in this community to echo the sentiments here. I'm in the middle of a full blown panic attack on the line with Best Buy customer service because they evidently never sent my Corsair Vengeance 64gb kit I need desperately for work. It's the last component I need to get my workstation up and running again. I've got a work meeting in two hours and ten minutes that I could actually have some substantial updates in if I had a proper PC shop near by that I could just drive to and get what I need.

Microcenter, your complacency is killing me! Hopefully not literally yet! :p

We can't just survive on best buys and Amazon out here! Especially with UPS being... UPS right now.

I also would LOVE a Lakeland location. It's a bit of a drive from my house, but the city is so pleasant that it'd be a great topper for a day trip.

• I would also like to echo the sentiment of the users before me.

I've consistently had issues with shipping and buying products through Best Buy and Newegg. I recently purchased a new case from Newegg, and waited a week to receive it only to find the front panel was broken upon arrival. These things happen and while it is frustrating, it's an understandable risk.

Like the user above, a Lakeland-based Micorcenter would also be about an hour drive from my home in Citrus county but, it's a drive I'd be more than willing to take for good customer experience and speedier product procurement.

Hopefully, this can happen!

• Gwasdyke
    Options

I also noticed there's been a few threads asking for exactly this posted in pretty regular intervals over the past few years...

Kinda makes the worry settle in pretty deep, hehe

• Nickbdt86
    Options
    I'm planing to make a 9 hour drive to Atlanta just so I can get a 4090 next week, please put one in florida, Thanks.
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Now is not a good time to be asking to open a business in Florida, didn't a hurricane just trash the place?

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options
  • PorkYo
    Options
    Really miss the days of CompUSA (then Tiger Direct) being in Tampa and Orlando. Micro Center would be the only real PC parts store in Central Florida. I am so jealous of those close to an MC. I guess I still have to battle the wheel of RMA known as Newegg.
  • toaster10v
    Options

A little late to this but I would genuinely love a location around the Orlando area. I am tired of giving so much money to Amazon and Newegg. I would much prefer to drive to a store and acquire the parts I need. Bestbuy never has anything modern in stock and their selection is always extremely slim for what they do have. It would be greatly appreciated if yall opened a store here!

• Calamity_Dragon
    edited November 2022
    Options

I also request a store in florida Central Orlando pretty much or hey there is alot of spots in Deltona which is just above orlando with alot of spots cause i see alot of construction here and there when going about daily life.

It sucks having to travel a state away just to get parts or even see products on display vs best buy which doesnt have alot or is super expensive.

I hope we get a store real soon hopefully in the next 2-3 years

• i mean you will see lots of hurricanes during the season of summer and fall cause that is when it happens but most of the times its at most up to category 3 and drops you rarely see a category 4 or higher and i mean stupid rare the last one was like many years ago

• rprinz97
    Options

YES I second this, a Micro Center in Tampa would do amazing business I know sooo many people that would love to go to micro center to build PCs. Without a micro center near you it’s so hard to get the parts you need especially with scalpers and everything. I’m so surprised they haven’t opened one in Tampa yet.

• South Florida Man also chiming in 😁

I've also come to mention we are in dire need of a real electronics store down here. Best Buy offerings are a complete joke, and Amazon shows far too many options and everything irrelevant when searching for something. My goto place has been the same for 20+ years: Newegg. But I'd SO love to have a physical place to go to for everything between simple SATA cables to GPUs and more. The nearest Microcenter to me is 11+ hours and 700+ miles away 😭

I always build my own systems, and I help others building their own systems. For once, I'd love to be able to walk out of a store with a big happy grin holding parts for my next build. A store in central FL and south FL (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood/Miami) would be an absolutely phenomenally fantastic event.

If there is any chance of sending our requests to the higher powers, please let them know we are going nuts down here without a store like you!

• MgWach
    Options

Lake Mary, FL. resident here. Wanted to chime in and also add my support to a Florida MicroCenter location. I used to work at CompUSA back in the day and miss going to computer stores. PLEASE consider opening a store anywhere in Florida. I'd be happy to take a day trip. :D

• Let me throw in my $0.02. A Micro Center in the Tampa or Lakeland area would be great.  You can’t count on BB or Amazon for PCs or parts. If there’s one thing I miss about living in NY, besides good bagels, pizza, or egg sandwiches, it’s shopping at the Westbury MC. I loved that store. I hope MC opens a store down here!
  • Korrak
    Options
    Made an account specifically to jump in here and ask for an Orlando location. I used to use Tiger Direct near FL Mall here as well and miss having a PC Part store locally.
    Please and thank you!
  • Jacksonville Florida would be an Ideal location.

Headquarters of CSX Railroad and the 2nd largest port in Florida. Massive logistics support (we have 2 Amazon fulfilment centers here as a result). Cheap real estate by comparison to any of the other larger cities in Florida. We have UNF and 3 FSCJ campuses. Are the headquarters to several mid to large sized Managed IT Service Providers as well as Web.com, Wired2Perform and Lender processing services.

We also at one time had 2 CompUSAs, Computer Warehouse, Tiger Direct and 3 Best Buys...so there's definitely an appetite for your products, ways to get them here, and distribute them.

Food for thought.

• Wind
    Options

Jacksonville would not be a great physical location as for those in southern Florida would need to make it a while day trip needing to travel 4 hours from where i am in Winter Haven is not ideal. however Orlando is just about 3 hours from most of Florida including Miami. In terms of operations cost it may not be the most ideal but in terms of ease of access for most of the resident of Florida Orlando being a central location sounds like the best option. Back when i lived in Michigan i was only 20 minutes from a Microcenter and miss it quite a lot. When in was in Pennsylvania i drove 2 hours in a downpour because i was able to get a part i needed right away. I have not been to a microcenter in well over 2 years now and i have not purchased any new parts in that time frame either due to distance and i don't trust buying online when it comes to PC parts.

PLEASE open a store in Orlando PLEASE. There is more than enough demand for it, it isnt worth the gas money or a plane ticket to go to Georgia to get parts and Jacksonville for the lower half is just too far unless you guys were having a massive sale, a central location would be best.

• Treadlife
    Options
    Another vote for a Florida Microcenter please! The Longwood / Lake Mary area would be fantastic.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99