Any recommendations for adding a second monitor for gaming?

Currently i have a single Samsung 28 inch U28E590 that i use for both normal every day use and gaming. I would like to run a second 28 inch monitor for gaming but dont know much about monitors as there are so many other there. I would like some suggestions on what is better to run a 144 hz or a 244 hz for a second monitor? and also is my computer capable of running both at the same time.

Current computer spec:

• Corsair RM750 power supply
  • MAG B550 Tomahawk mother board
  • GEFORCE RTX 2070 super
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor        3.80 GHz
  • Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb x 2. (32 gb total)

Answers

• You don't need 2 monitors for gaming, you will just end up using 1 monitor and the other monitor will not be that useful. I suggest that if you are looking to play competitive games buy a high refresh rate monitor because your current monitor is 4k 60hz. But if you still plan on gaming on your current monitor, you shouldn't really add an additional monitor unless it is for multitasking productivity.

Regarding 144hz or 240hz, I recommend 1440p 144hz. However, most monitors are 27 inch I only know of one samsung gaming monitor that is 28inch but that is 4k 144hz and its 500-800 dollars. 27inch 1440p 144hz is probably your best option for a 27-28 inch monitor. 1440p 240hz is really expensive and 1080p is grainy at this size especially comparing to your 4k monitor.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99