Windows 10 Activation Key

I purchased my ACER laptop at Microcenter about 5 years ago. I'm now being asked to activate my Windows. I now have a dark background that I can't change, because it requires activation of the Windows. Can Microcenter check my purchase record and provide me with the activation key?

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings. We wouldn't have product keys on file. Was this for a refurbished laptop?

• https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/43-how-to-activate-windows

How can I activate my copy of Windows?

Windows should automatically activate when you set your Acer computer up for the first time. If Windows does not activate automatically, you should try the instructions below to activate it. You must be connected to the internet for Windows to activate.

1. Click on Start  and select Settings ⚙.
    2. Select Update and Security.
    3. Select Activation in the left menu.
    4. Click the Activate button to activate Windows. If you do not have an activation button, click on Troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instructions.

How to Activate Windows by phone

If the Windows Activation service is unavailable, it may not be possible to activate your copy of Windows 10 online. You can wait 12 hours and attempt activation again to see if the issue is resolved, or you can use the instructions below to activate immediately via telephone.

1. Press the Windows key simultaneously.
    2. Type SLUI 4 and press Enter.
    3. This action will launch the activation wizard. Select your country or region and click Next.
    4. Make sure you have an active internet connection and call the telephone number listed on the screen.
    5. Enter the Confirmation ID then click Activate Windows.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99