Adding fans to G707

Options
Rob1032
Rob1032
edited March 2022 in PowerSpec

I have the G707 and upgraded the RAM and the GPU to a 3080ti. The GPU surely throws a bit more heat than the 3070 and I want to add a couple more fans. I installed a NON RGB exhaust fan direct to CHA-FAN3 and it works fine. I was looking to upgrade that fan to a LIAN LI RGB similar to the 2 front LIAN LI RGB PWM case fans and add an additional one in front as well. The build came with the Cooler Master ML240L AIO in which the original 2 front case fans are connected to. Is it possible to add more fans and "split" those connections for fan power and RGB? I picked up the LIAN LI ST120 3 pack, but the connections are all different. I guess its a bit confusing to me obviously, so I'm just inquiring about which fans to buy and how to connect! Thanks in advance.

Rob

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Well there are three pin fans and four pin fans. The 3 pin kind have little ridges on the connector so you plug them into a 4 pin socket, they will line up with the right 3 pins. so you can get either kind.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99