New Law Enforcement discount?

Options
JD23
JD23 ✭✭
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Hey Y'all,

Hope all is well. I've noticed that the First Responder / Law Enforcement discount has recently changed. I'm in the DC area, and it seems that each of the three stores is now applying that discount, if they do at all, differently. Is there an official statement from big MC on how the discount is currently applied and who is eligible? I saw, yesterday, that it now says 'Law Enforcement' discount within the POS system at the cashier stations. Does this apply to all levels of Law Enforcement? Federal, local, etc? Any help would be appreciate, thanks!

Answers

• JABBERWOCK
    Options
    You're lucky.  They discontinued law enforcement discount at westmont, il micro.  It's probably going to save me money though, I spent so much more when each item was a little less.  Was great for warranties and a dollar off a thumb stick.  Before I found out about the discount, I spent 7x as much on the warranty for a PC.  
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Our First Responder discount was a temporary policy that we held for the last two years to support those working closest to the pandemic. As with other major retailers, we are resuming a sense of normalcy and we hope to find new ways of supporting our local communities.

The Law Enforcement discount is a continuation of a policy Micro Center has had for some time prior to the first responder discount.

You would need to present official law enforcement credentials, badge or be in uniform at checkout to be eligible. This is available at all Micro Center store locations.

• ThatEngin3rd
    Options

Hi,

So I'm just wanting to confirm that when I go back to my local MC and present my department identification for the law enforcement agency that I work for, and in my issued uniform, I won't essentially be harassed by a blue jacket at the registers and be told that I need to be in uniform?

• Neilyohh
    Options

HEY MICROCENTER !!

HOW ABOUT A DISCOUNT FOR VETERANS ? I PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE FOR U.S.A

• Dino76
    Options
    So what ur saying is the rest of the first responder community isn't important enough to recieve the same discount anymore? Even though we still are working closely with the pandemic and encounter it on a daily basis. Also some of these people do it for ZERO pay. They do it because they have a sense of community and want to help others. Thanks microcenter I'm happy to see where your company stands on issues like this
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings, first of all, thank you for your feedback on this policy. I am sorry for any inconveniences regarding to the changes made earlier this year in regards to this. I will be glad to share your thoughts and concerns with our corporate office to see what may be done in regards to this policy change. You also may stop in and speak with store management at your local Micro Center to see what they may be able to provide for this as well.

• cbiscuiti
    Options
    Nothing against the law enforcement community, but as a Paramedic, I’m not entitled to the same discount?  Pandemic is over and MicroCenter feels that EMTs and Paramedics aren’t worth the discount. Talk about a slap in the face. I’ll never buy from MC again!
  • Is this still a valid thing? I was just at a microcenter and they said they didn't have one. 
  • ThatEngin3rd
    Options

It's still a thing, but still only for Law Enforcement. I was in my local store the other day and got a discount.

• I would like to thank the staff at Microcenter for offering the First Responder / Firefighter discount in the first place. Yes, I'm sad to see it be terminated but it was very kind of all the Microcenter people that offered and promoted this generous gift. I hope that there might be a time in the future that you decide to restore this opportunity. I know that I made many new customers for Microcenter, both Firefighters and non Firefighters because of the discount. I was happy to tell people that there was a local alternative to Amazon and Bestbuy. A real computer store that had employees that actually knew what they were talking about. I know quite a few people that are now pretty regular customers of Microcenter. Just this morning, a friend needed a 15 foot VGA cable and in less than two minutes, I showed him the Microcenter web site,how to locate the part, what isle and what the price would be. He was super happy to be able to purchase his item on a Sunday so that he could test it out before Monday and have everything working. Thanks Microcenter, we do appreciate the kindness that you extend to your customers.

• mhh5268
    mhh5268 ✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2023
    Options
  • @ian/Admin..... My local store state that it is only for the local law enforcement not law enforcement in general as per the operation manager... Would you be able to provide something that states it's for any law enforcement and not just a specific agency when you have cities that have a multitude of law enforcement agencies covering them... 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99