Intel Core i9-12900KS Breakdown and Benchmark

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Intel's brand-new, top-of-the-line, "Worlds Fastest Desktop Processor" is here: the Intel Core i9-12900KS!

The Core i9-12900KS comes packed with incredible power, including 16 cores (8 E-cores and 8 P-cores) overclockable to a blistering Turbo speed of 5.50GHZ, 24 threads, DDR5 and DDR4 support, and support for PCIe 5.0. This is the ultimate CPU designed for enthusiasts and gamers who won't settle for anything less than the best!

Intel Core i9-12900KS Spec Breakdown:

• Socket: FCLGA1700
  • 16 Cores, 8 E-cores, 8 P-Cores,
  • 24 threads
  • E-core base clock: 2.50GHz
  • P-core base clock: 3.40GHz
  • Max turbo boost of 5.50GHz
  • 150W Processor Base Power
  • 241W Maximum Turbo Power
  • Intel UHD Graphics 770
  • PCIe 5.0 and 4.0 support
  • DDR4 and DDR5 support
  • CPU cooling not included

Intel Core i9-12900KS Benchmarks:

Note: an AIO is recommended at minimum for the i9-12900KS - these tests were performed with a custom loop, and we highly recommend one if you intend to overclock this processor.

Cinebench:

Cinebench tests processors for responsiveness and power in both intensive tasks (multi-core) and general daily usage tasks (single-core). And these are some absolutely mind-blowing numbers, blowing away every non-workstation processor currently available.

AIDA64:

AIDA64 similarly tracks the raw power of CPUs in a variety of real-world sims, offering a deeper understanding of what the processor is capable of. We ran it through several tests, including AES, PhotoWorxx, Queen, SHA3, and ZLib, as well as several FPU tests (a far more intensive test, such as Julia, Mandel, and SinJulia). Every single one of them demonstrated the absolute raw power the i9-12900KS has to offer and it is a lot. Check out our results below:

The Intel Core i9-12900KS is available now at your local Micro Center! And if you're looking for suggestions, check out our Core i9-12900KS Build Guide!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99