New Pc boot help

Options
Hello, I just built a pc and when it first turned on it booted to the bios just fine. After getting a flash drive with windows 10 and trying again, I’ve gotten nothing but my monitor turning on, checking all display channels, then saying no signal and turning off. The PC has a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II, with a ryzen 5 5600X (the bios flashback button was used to flash the bios) and my hdmi cable is plugged into the graphics card. We didn’t change anything from when the boot went perfectly the first time, so We tried to clear the CMOS by taking out the battery for ~5 minutes before putting it back in. All the peripherals and extra usb stuff was taken out and it still won’t work. The computer turns on fine, and the monitor seems to respond to it, but it won’t load anything.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Mark957

You should have debug LED's right above the 24 pin power connector. What color are you seeing?

• Mark957
    Mark957
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @TSMikeW
    after once again trying to clear the CMOS the boot debug red led is on, it was most likely on before but because of all the other rgb I didn’t pay attention to check it.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Mark957

Red is typically CPU. I'd reseat the 8 pin CPU power, clear CMOS and try again. If that fails, download the latest BIOS and flash it using the flashback feature. if that fails, pull the CPU, check for bent pins. If it's okay, reseat and try again.

• Mark957
    Mark957
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @TSMikeW
    I did all of this except for pulling the cpu, the mobo does have the debug led for cpu which should tell me if it’s not right and the bios did recognize it the first time it booted up. Also after sleeping on it, I realized I missed some important information in my initial post, I said I didn’t change anything from the first time, what I meant was cable/hardware wise with plugs and stuff. I did change the boot drive priority order before trying to boot with windows. Also, when trying with a different screen, when hdmi is in, it tells me “no signal” and when I pulled it out it said “check signal cable”, which to me would mean that the cable is fine, but the computer isn’t displaying anything. Hope some of this can help solve this issue. Also, thank you once again for your help so far! 
    Edit: just tried again and neither of my graphics card fans were running, I will try to reseat it, it has a white led which I read typically means it is plugged in to power properly.
    Edit 2: Went to adjust the Graphics card, it booted to my bios. I have the windows file on a 32Gb Sandisk Cruzer Glide 2.0, What should my next step be.
    Edit 3: Got windows installed now, everything works properly now
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Mark957

Glad you got it sorted out. For BIOS setup, just load your optimized defaults and if the supports it, load the XMP profile from the OC menu.

Just a few things for the future, or for anyone else following who may need help down the road. White is VGA, so it sounds like reseating the GPU may have been a solution. 5600X has no APU, so the onboard video is non-functional, you do need to have the GPU installed.

As for changing the boot drive priority causing a no POST, it shouldn't cause a CPU no POST. That should be initialized later, you should have been stuck on a white or green LED if the drive was involved, but it could of been some odd behavior with the IO controller on the CPU that caused what you saw.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99