HELP please need some one who knows what they are talking about i need facts not options Thank you

Options

Is there anything wrong with my Build Or can I upgrade something to make it better and or am I bottlenecked and what can I do about it. does everything work well together well? thank you all don't know much about Pc But love to game and it was my first build

CPU----------

AMD Ruzen 9 5950X

GPU----------

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

Motherboard--------

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

RAM---------

Corsair CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 DDR4

Corsair CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 DDR4

Storage----------

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

WDS500G2XOC-00L350

Corsair 750 Power supply

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@BigPapa

Solid, top of the line system overall. There are a few suggestions I can make here. X470 board, you're missing out on PCIe 4.0. It's not going to bottleneck your GPU, but upgrading to an X570 for additional future proofing and maybe a Gen4 drive down the road would be a good idea.

Memory. That Corsair RAM is usually around $170. You can get GSkill F4-3600C16D-32GVKC  for about the same price. Tighter timings. Difference between the two is the die. The GSkill is a little tighter. I fairly certain the GSkill is still Hynix DJR and I believe the Corsair you listed is Micron E-Die. You'd have to check the sticks themselves to be certain. Between the two, you can tighten the timings easier on the DJR, that's why you're seeing C16 on the XMP versus C18 on the Corsair kit. If you're overclocking though, you can push the E-Die frequency further and with infinity fabric that can be a significant benefit, depending on the binning of your CPU.

If you want to load the XMP and go, look at the GSkill I mentioned. The Corsair could be fun to play with if you're overclocking.

Power supply, you didn't give us the full model. I'd always recommend selecting high quality power supply. Looking down the road at future GPU's in that 3080 Ti performance range, I might upgrade to an 850W. Corsair is generally a good unit, but keep in mind the RM/AX tend to be more premium units than the CX/CV series.

• BigPapa
    Options

RM750x,

Corsair

ATX

750 watts

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@BigPapa

The RM750X is a solid unit.

• BigPapa
    Options

wish I knew how to overclock or what the XMP is and how to do it I want to get the most out of my build and have the best thank you for commenting by the way really helped me out knowing i did one thing right going to look in to motherboards and ram any thoughts on ddr4 or ddr5 for my build

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@BigPapa

Go into the BIOS (Del). Go to the AI Tweaker menu. Change "AI Overclock Tuner" from "Auto" to "DOCP". Save and exit, that's really it. Takes a moment to train then you're good.

We're not going to have DDR5 on the AMD platform until Zen 4. Strictly my opinion on this, at the moment DDR5 is in its infancy. We expect to see improvements as the technology matures. There's a lot of potential there, but right now there aren't many programs that take advantage of the increased bandwidth and features like channel interleaving. Right now you're giving up quite a bit in terms of latency for the bandwidth, we expect this will change as technology matures.

• BigPapa
    Options

awsome i will have to check it out the DOCP that is

what motherboard would you recommend that would work well with everything i have ?

• BigPapa
    Options

my case is a Rosewill Cullinan PX RGB

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@BigPapa

You could consider the ASUS X570-F Strix, though based on your specs you don't really need all the extra PCI Gen4 lanes the X570 offers. The CPU provides 24 lanes. So that alone would do 16 for a GPU, 2xGen4 NVME drives. The X570 will give you another 16 lanes, so basically every PCIe slot on the board is Gen4. With a B550 board you get 10 lanes from the chipset, but they're Gen3, so you need to watch how they're wired. Looking at the B550-F Strix, a board I would recommend. The top PCIe x16 is Gen 4, the M.2_1 is Gen4. M.2_2 and the remaining PCIe slots use the available Gen3 lanes from the chipset. Not much of a restriction. If you ever upgrade to a Gen4 drive, throw it in M.2_1 and use the old drive for storage in M.2_2.

Keep in mind PCIe 4.0 is mainly for future proofing and there is some performance gain with the Gen4 NVME drives. With the GPU you're not going to cap PCIe 3.0 bandwidth with 16 lanes. You can read about that here: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-pci-express-scaling/

Here's a link to the board I suggested: https://www.microcenter.com/product/624592/asus-b550-f-rog-strix-gaming-(wifi)-amd-am4-atx-motherboard

• BigPapa
    Options

is it just plug and play when changing out the motherboard or do I have to do something like download windows or like that will all my stuff save ???

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@BigPapa

So long as the storage controller doesn't change, it should boot off an old windows install. Always preferred to do a clean install on a major upgrade like this, though not required. I'd recommend uninstalling your old drivers before you upgrade, then installing the drivers for your new motherboard and hardware afterwards. That should really be it.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99