ESET activation helper V.2.1 Crash every time I restart my computer. How to remove?

woody97
woody97
First Comment
edited April 2022 in PowerSpec

Hi,

A couple months ago I purchased a powerspec PC from microcenter and also got talked into the ESET antivirus. I installed the antivirus and am using it, but every time I restart my computer an ESET activation helper box pops up that doesn't let me close without using the task manager. I saw a semi-recent post where the suggestion was to delete ESET from their computer because the user did not want ESET. Here is my problem, I bought the protection and have it installed, but something in the program still wants me to activate it again even though it is working fine, so how do I remove the activation pop up without removing my antivirus? Very unpleased.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings.

You should be able prevent the ESET activation helper from starting up from disabling it in System Configuration. To do this -

Press the Windows key on your keyboard, or the WIndows logo for the Start menu at the bottom left. Start typing and search for msconfig and from the search results, click on System Configuration.

On the window that opens, go to Services and look for "ESET Activation Helper" or "Activation Helper" and uncheck it. Hit apply and restart the PC if necessary.

• the only two ESET services are "ESET Service" and "ESET Firewall Helper" if i disable these will my antivirus be turned off? also sorry for the late reply.

• @TSMikeW

Thanks, had the same issue and it was fixed with those instructions.

• @TSMikeW

Just after disabling the ESETMC on the "Startup" tab in the Task Manager - All I had to do was restart the PC. 👍

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99