What do you need to know when purchasing a PC case?

Options
2»

Comments

• I am in desperate need of an upgrade. I enjoy playing games with friends, streaming, and editing music. This would put me in the right direction for my new build with the 40 series about to come out!

• joselocampo
    edited April 2022
    Options

like the Torrent case Ryzen all the way and I threw this together as a gaming-oriented build Thank you so much for the opportunity and good luck to build is in my save

• Wilber667
    Options
    This would be my first pc build and dream since after military I joined the gaming community and has helped me with my mental health I love gaming and want to expand from xbox to PC gaming and be able to connect with friends and the gaming community 

• JZhu17
    Options

The Torrent would be the my preferred case if I were to be able to make my second ever build but now including a water cooling loop. Saw it in the GamerNexus case thermal and noise tests. Already own the GPU and storage I have as part of the build and am in desperate need to upgrade my CPU (7th gen) bottleneck. Have a bunch of EKWB parts already planned out, could only select a couple included on the builder. If I have enough funds in the future, would love to make this build in the Torrent.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=8e71c3c7-0163-47c2-86c3-2cd9bc4bff1d

• lymanamyl
    Options

I went with the i7-12700K since it's a good high end CPU for the price. No real need to upgrade to the i9. Used a DDR4 Z690 motherboard since the RAM is cheaper and DDR5 doesn't seem worth it right now. Going with the RTX 3080. Anything over seems even more overpriced than the RTX 3080 is now.

I chose the Fractal Torrent since it's spacious and easy to build in and helps with the air cooled setup I'm going for.

• fromo
    Options

I wanted to build a system that wasn't crazy expensive but is still powerful. It will play the newest games and last for several years before I need to upgrade.

Have to post link like this because I not allowed to post links.

microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=ed4a2fec-0d57-415e-a176-d67878739d3c

• Simeon
    Options

i would love to do an unboxing with Fractal Design - Torrent

www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=85ab4b59-b863-4720-90ab-48947d644b0e

i like this system cause i like to play games and do some video editing and its easy to upgrade in the future..some guys complaining that they can not share the link thats because you have an ad blocker disable it and refresh the page and everything will be ok...good luck to everyone

• Ayy_Lmao1
    Options

This little baby will last me for the next decade

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=2329433b-4396-4d7b-aa0f-1dab214dbd1a

• JimboJambo
    Options

Just went with the most wild balls to the wall specs I could with an x570 machine. Technically speaking the 5800X3D is the fastest gaming CPU right now, and I just went with the most powerful GPU that Microcenter had in stock.

Everything else is just what the build would need. The only 1200watt powersupply that is going to fit in the Torrent's dedicated attic space is the powerspec, all of the EVGA ones seem to be extra long.

I just love the Asus ProArt aesthetics. I will utilize the high quality networking, but I honestly just picked that board because I like it. The toolless ssd installation is cool as well.

In the real world the perfect card for this case is the Noctua 3070 since that's basically the end game for air-cool. Honestly I wish I could just kit the case out with Noctua stuff (brown gang), but that wouldn't make much sense. You'd be a total fool to remove the included 180mm fans, or even the 140mm fans included in the bottom. The high quality fans are a big part of the value argument for the Torrent.

As it stands I filled the case up with gear that could actually utilize the insane air-cooling performance of the Torrent.

Oh I got a monitor too because my current one can't even keep up with my 3070.

• ilukester
    ilukester
    First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Options

A high end DDR5 build. It isn't a crazy i9 with a 3090, but how many people really need that kind of compute power. The white Fractal Torrent case is pure cake.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=e3f5afe5-8cfb-4ec9-982c-ce27ea136fc9

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99