Speed Of My Case Fan

I can not find any specs on the case fan for this system as far as rpm if I needed to install a higher rpm fan to help with more cooling in the case is this something that could be done as we all know heat kills . Also any recommendations on fans . I am not questioning any of the upgrades done there at the store just want to be prepared. I was wondering is there temp sensor installed on the board where it would show temps in the BIOS ?

Dell XPS 8940 Gaming PC Platinum Collection Intel Core i7 11th Gen 11700 2.5GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6; 32GB DDR4-2933 RAM; 1TB SSD+1TB HDD

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings. What tempatures are you seeing on your computer under use?

There's plenty of software you can download to your PC to monitor tempatures. Core Temp, HWmonitor, Aida64, HWinfo etc.

• I haven't set it up yet just wanted to be proactive I know about software for monitoring Temps and such.
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

It looks like that model has only the 80mm fan in the rear for exhaust. If you got the standard model then probably the CPU cooler is the Dell version of the Intel stock cooler. About your best bet for better cooling is to replace that with a tower cooler that can fit. I'm not sure what the measurements are but maybe you can fit something like a CM Hyper 212.

Any beefed up high speed fan to replace the 80mm exhaust would not use the same power draw as the one it comes with so you'd have to figure out a way to power it.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99