Hi, hoping someone could help, I wanted to know if these are compatible and if it can be cheapened?

Options
CPU: Intel - Core i5-11400 Rocket Lake 2.6GHz Six-Core LGA 1200 Boxed Processor - Intel Stock Cooler Included

Motherboard: ASUS - B560M-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi Intel LGA 1200 microATX Motherboard

Ram: Crucial - Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL15 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K8G30C15U4B - Black

Case: Montech - X1 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Power Supply: G.Skill - 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

Video Card: ASUS - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Dual Overclocked Dual-Fan 4GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

2.5" SSD: Inland - 1TB SSD 3D TLC NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Hard Drive: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard Drive

Heatsink: be quiet - PURE ROCK SLIM 2 CPU Cooler

Thermal Compound: Corsair - TM30 Performance Thermal Paste

Answers

• kabosu
    Options
    Sorry I can't link, I made the account specifically for this so it's too new
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2022
    Options

Well people say the 11xxx series Intel CPUs aren't really worth any price over the 10xxx series so either get that instead or jump up to the newest 12xxx is usually the advice. I dont have either, so I'm just telling you what I always hear. MC has all 3 choices. Maybe talk to the people in the BYOPC in person at the store.

Usually the "slim" type coolers really aren't any better than the stock coolers. So unless you get a tower type cooler like the Hyper 212, my advice is not to bother with a slim one unless you just really need that for space reasons.

You may not know about m.2 as the latest SSD type. Don't get one of the 2.5" kind unless you have some specific reason. The m.2 type attach straight to the motherboard and are hugely faster. Also, if you want a spinning platter type hard drive for extra storage at lower cost to supplement the SSD, consider a 3.5" size because that's your best bang for the money and that case has space to put one.

Are you going to play much games? The 1650 with only 4GB is getting kinda small now, esp at higher resolutions. Consider something like a 1660 Super with 6GB or an RX 6600 which has 8GB. If you stay with the 1650 pay careful attention because MC carries both GDDR5 and GDDR6 versions and the 6 is much better. The one you listed is a 6 but if they're out of stock when you go get it, don't get the 5, wait for the 6 to be restocked.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I agree with those suggestions. I'd add on for an internal drive that is not an SSD, I'd also prioritize getting a 7200RPM drive instead of a 5400RPM drive.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99