New build by novice need advise

MitchK
MitchK
First Comment
edited April 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

Hi,

I am working on my first ever custom build. I plan on using this computer for mostly gaming and some basic work stuff. The type of games range from 1st person shooters like Fortnite and Tomb Raider to large MMORPG's like Elder Scrolls Online and World of Warcraft. The PC is purposefully slightly overkill as I intend to not need to upgrade anything for quite some time. Please see my build and questions I have about it below

Ryzen 9 5900X Vermeer 3.7GHz 12-Core AM4 

MSI - X570S MAG TOMAHAWK MAX WiFi AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-320016D-16GTZR - Black

MSI - MPG GUNGNIR 110R ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case

MSI - MPG A650GF 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Samsung - 870 EVO 2TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Seagate - BarraCuda 4TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

ASUS - 16x Blu-Ray Disc Drive

Questions:

Do I need a liquid cooler or heatsink? Am I in danger of overheating with this build? 

• If I put a liquid cooler in, can the stock case fans be moved to the top and would this aid or hurt the air flow through the case?

Do I have sufficient power supply with the 650W 80 plus Gold?

I'm also not sure how loud this build would be, I do not want my build to be super loud when all the fans kick on.

Are there any notable bottlenecks that can be seen with the parts I've chosen for this build?

Thank you for any advice or changes you would make would be appreciated.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99