A clearance item i bought was damaged, but damage was not listed.

Options
I’ve been collecting parts for my computer build for the last two years, and back in November I bought my motherboard. My MSI B-450 A Pro Max was on sale for $71 marked down from $89. It was on clearance due to someone returning it I presume. On the yellow label on the box, it said that the motherboard was complete and never stated any missing parts or damage. Just today, I finally got all the parts needed to finish the PC. I start the building process, but when it comes to putting in my CPU, something felt off when placing the CPU into the motherboard. After taking it out, I realized the last owner got thermal paste into the pin holes for the CPU. After many unsuccessful attempts at cleaning it, I realized I could not get the CPU in. It’s now the end of April, and Micro Centers return policy is 15 days for motherboards. After these many months, I never checked the motherboard as I wasn’t going to use it until I had all of my parts. Would they still accept it as a return even though it’s been so long? Sorry for the long paragraph, just trying to get this situation resolved. Thanks :)

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99