Power Button doesn't light up

Options

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have a Corsair 4000D Airflow case, and its power button boots the PC just fine, but the power button on the case doesn't light up, even after I tried switching the connectors on the pins. Here's a photo of my motherboard (Asus Prime B660M-A Wifi D4) manual along with some photos of my connectors as they're currently plugged in (in the 2 top left pins). It doesn't seem like a major deal, but it still bothers me. Could it be that the button isn't supposed to light up while just in the BIOS? I'm also not sure if it has anything to do with the HDD LED connectors not being plugged in, but the case didn't even come with those. Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Answer ✓
    Options

@CloudySkye

You're on the right pins. I believe there's a setting on this board in the BIOS, you can search with F9. It's called "When system is in working state". Make sure this is All On, if it's in stealth mode your RGB/LED will be off.

Answers

• CloudySkye
    Options

It looks like the default BIOS settings were already set correctly, so I just finished the build anyway without the power LED--it might just be a defective light or something. Otherwise, the PC works great! Thanks for the help.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99