Need Help with my upgrade! ill provide some detailed info

itsboomer420
edited April 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

I like the best performance and fps and recently got a prebuild and want to finish upgrading it so its the perfect setup for high fps games like call of duty and to be able to stream while playing.

My PC Specs are:

Ryzen 9 5900x

Geforce RTX 3080ti

they did good on those parts but the rest was kind of cheaply put together. I already upgraded the power supply to a 1200 platnium rated. I would like to maybe upgrade the ram, the liquid cooling system, the motherboard and whatever else you guys would think i need to have the perfect gaming/streaming setup

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    Third Anniversary 25 Up Votes 500 Comments 25 Answers
    Find out what "major brand" of memory and look up whether those modules are single or dual ranked. If they are single ranked then get a second set of the same.

Most prebuilts dont bother to set the xmp profile so check if that is on or not in bios. It may be running at only 2400mhz if it was set to defaults.

Otherwise I'm not clear on whats holding you back with this system. Is there a particular performance issue you're having?
  • When I stream it’s sort of laggy and choppy and I just want the best total performance, my motherboard kinda sucks and doesn’t have a very good bios 
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭

I have the mATX version of that MB, it's pretty good so far.

You should check those two things I mentioned.

• yeah i upgraded my ram right when i got it and got the vengeance rgb pro sl dde4 2x16gb 3600 mhz but i have 2 different brands of ram equaling 64gb at 3200 MHz because my other two only go to 3200 so they said to make them even but was gonna get 2 more vengeance so i could put them at 3600 but i dont see anything about xmp profile with this mother board just changing the mhz on the ram but still feel like my xbox x and laptop combo produced a better stream which should never be the case. i updated all my drivers and updated my bios but when i told someone else about my build they said they went cheap with the motherboard and the cooling system so just figured i would need to upgrade those two things to see the results that i want. I've already watched the youtube video on settings on how to have the best stream and changed all that so now i just feel like it's the few parts on this pc that are not as good. I also have a gig of internet going into the nighthawk pro gaming router which then goes into t he netgear gigabit switch to try and get the best connected and still just seems like something is wrong or im not getting the best of what my pc has to offer and then i see people with 10 series or 20 series and their streams look better so i feel like its something with my system or something that i'm doing wrong or something

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭

Well that motherboard supports XMP memory profiles but it won't show it to you because you've mixed the speeds. No motherboard will do mixed profiles, it isn't how XMP works. The speed has probably defaulted back to the base 2400Mhz.

Open up Windows task manager and tell me what it says right here on the Memory tab:

I'm betting that says 2400 and that's the reason your system is not as fast as it could be.

If this is the case you can go into the BIOS and set it to 3200 which is the speed of your slower pair or you can sell the 3200 and buy another pair of the same 3600 to match.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99