3D Print of the Month: Wand Holder

This discussion has a more recent version.
MicroCenterMaker
edited June 2022 in Maker

I wanted to print something Harry Potter themed as the new Fantastic Beasts movie was released in April 2022. After searching Thingiverse for a bit, I came across this cool wand holder. I haven’t printed the wand yet, so I am currently using it as my pencil holder. 

Created by Chalter on Thingiverse

The middle crest can be printed with the Hogwarts crest, representing all the houses. Or, you can download a separate file for the four different house crests, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff. For this print, I just went with the Hogwarts crest.

What I Used:

Printer: Ender 3 V2

Filament Used: Inland Natural 1.75mm PLA

Nozzle Temp: 218°

Bed Temp: 60

Infill: 14.11

Print Time: 10-11 hours

Software: Creality Slicer

The Print:

Besides the nozzle and bed temp, for the first print, I used the settings the creator recommended in the STL file. The first print resulted in a lot of stringing between the two Griffin Wings.

I also noticed the edges were slightly curling up by the end of the print.

Not a bad start, but we can do better

I reviewed the print settings and noticed my Retraction Distance was 8mm. I lowered this to 5mm to fix the stringing.

To help with the curling edges, I changed the Build Plate Adhesion from Skirt to Brim. 

There was extremely minimal stringing compared to the first print.  Here are the results. 

What should we print next? Let us know in the comments!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99