Unable to reinstall Windows 10 on totally wiped drive

Options

Purchased ASUS TUF Gaming A15 TUF506QE-MS74 15.6" Laptop Computer Platinum Collection

on 08/21/2022 and immediately wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu. Always problematic with communication between system and hardware. Things like I needed to buy wifi and bluetooth dongles to have those work and it doesn't play well with creating audio and video using OBS Studio not recognizing webcams audio recording goes wacky on multiple records. (I record audio on my Mac and edit on the ASUS laptop.) Any of the last three versions of Ubuntu (20-22) kinda suck with this computer.

So I've decided to see if Windows 10 (the original OS) will play well with my setup but I can't get it reinstalled.

The installer doesn't recognize any existing Windows system which may be a problem but it won't even recognize my freshly formatted HD to NFTS using the properly created USB installer from instructions at the ASUS website now says: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."

What should I do? Will Microcenter reinstall the OS under the year of warranty? Other options?

Thanks.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99