Which video card?

Options
Thad2b
Thad2b
edited May 2022 in Help Choosing Parts
So I'm running a R7 2700K cpu and need to get a new gpu(hdmi port stopped working on my current 1050ti). 

I'm looking at either a 3070/3070ti or 3080(non ti) since prices are getting better.  Locally it looks like the 3070ti and 3080(non ti) is what's in stock.  

I currently use two 1080p and would like to move up to two 1440p 144hz monitor's. 

Which one should I look at getting?  My only concern with the 3070 is its 8g vram, wish it was at least 10.  I've also been looking at msi cards like the gaming trio and Suprim.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings, assuming you mean an i7-2700K (and not the recently released 12700K), that processor will bottleneck severely with any 3000 series card. You wouldn't get close to full ulitization of the video card at all.

If you want to use a 3000 series card, you will want to look into a currently sold processor/motherboard to work well with it.

• TAPEthan
    Options

Um, this is very interesting. Not sure what cpu you are using, it could be the i7-2700k, in which case yeah I agree with Ian. If you are using the R7(Ryzen 7) 2700 or the i7-12700k, then you should probably get the 3070 or 3070 ti, as those seem better value for money right now.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99