Were you able to update your firmware/bios on the 3060 Aorus Elite?

Options
Syllinx
Syllinx
First Comment First Anniversary
edited May 2022 in Graphics Cards

I just got the card about 2 days ago from Micro Center so maybe it has the update already? I downloaded the firmware from the link on their site and click install then it flashes and closes. I only wanted to do the update since RGB fusion and Open RGB can't detect the video card. It is not a deal breaker if I can't adjust the colors. I just feel if I spend about 500.00 on something all the features should work.

Answers

• CalcProgrammer1
    Options

It's probably easy to add to OpenRGB. Can you get me the Hardware ID information from Device Manager? Would be best to submit a GitLab issue with this info so it doesn't get lost. We support other AORUS 3xxx cards and they should all be pretty much the same, probably just need to add the PCI ID to our list of known cards.

• Syllinx
    Options

I hope this is it.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2504&SUBSYS_407B1458&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2504&SUBSYS_407B1458

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2504&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2504&CC_0300

• Syllinx
    Syllinx
    edited May 2022
    Options

My order history was saying it is a Gigabyte/Aorus card but the box is just showing Aorus. I will try the 3 firm wares listed on the Aorus site if I have to.

• Syllinx
    Syllinx
    edited May 2022
    Options

I give up for now. I tried the card in 6 different motherboards, windows 10 or windows 11. Can't update the firmware even if it needs it since gigabytes support is trash. RGB fusion doesn't even detect the card on any system. As long as I still get good 3dmark scores I'm fine. The people that code the firmware app don't know how to communicate with us. Just make it so that it tells you if you already have the update instead of just closing. This is one reason why so many people keep returning the Gigabyte cards.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99