Installing windows on my new M.2 SSD

Options

So, I recently got an evo 970 M.2, 2 terabyte and I went to go transfer windows 10 onto it and it kept doing this install loop no matter what I did to it. I even disconnected every other drive connected like I've been told to do. My stepfather who has been building Pc's for years has no clue what is even happening and has also tried countless options. The SSD itself isn't damaged at all we've done multiple scans on it, and nothing came up out of the ordinary, Any suggestions?

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Steven_s

Please elaborate on the install loop. Where is it getting stuck?

• Steven_s
    Steven_s
    First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Options

When it goes to load up windows install that very first part of the install where you click install, I can get through the full install to the point where it installs normally like any other pc but when it says it finishes screen goes black but then straight back to the very beginning, idk if this description helps but idk much ab installing windows. I also went into the BIOS and selected boot option #1 as my SSD and still no luck.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Steven_s

Sounds like it's just booting back into the media and you're starting the process over and over. Change your boot order, or after the install finishes and it prompts you to restart on a timer, pull the installation media out.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99