$900 PC V2

Options

Today, I'm putting together another parts list for a $900 PC. This is the revised edition of the PC list I posted in late March. I also read your suggestions, and this time this build features the $159.99 Ryzen 5 5600, which is a 6C/12T processor built on the latest Zen 3 architecture for no bottleneck. Also, this build features an RTX 3060 as the prices of graphics cards have been dropping more and more, and now many cards are in stock at your local Micro Center! Hope this gives you inspiration on your own PC build!

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=09a43498-e27c-4c30-b6f0-46fe43b1718b

Comments

• TAPEthan
    TAPEthan ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2022
    Options

*This build doesn't include the operating system, and you will have to purchase that separately.*

• chemerik
    Options

The limiting factor in your update is the PCIe is limited to 3.0 with the B450 based motherboard. A reasonable compromise at the price point. Another reasonable options would be dropping the graphics card to a Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 6600 Fighter (currently $329.99) and putting the savings to get the ASUS B550M-A Prime AMD AM4 microATX (currently $119.99 - the lowest price B550 board). The change drops a little in the graphics card, but is better for future upgrades and data transfer. Which is better is a matter of situation and opinion.

And great job fitting a 1TB NVMe drive in a $900 system, I think that's a good place to spend those precious dollars on a budget system.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99