Why is my Ethernet and Wi-Fi not working on a brand new motherboard and OS?

Options
Hiya, I just bought parts for a new pc build today and put it together. The motherboard is an Asus Tuf Z690 plus WiFi D4 with an I7 12th gen and Windows OS 11. Everything boots up great and is working. The only things that are not working are the Ethernet and wifi options. No lights come on when I plug in my Ethernet cables. The two cables that I have tested are working fine and have used them on my old computer. When in settings, the Ethernet doesn’t show it’s connected. Do I have to buy a USB adapter for this? I don’t want to have to do that since this motherboard is brand new. 

The wifi option is also not showing up at all. There isn’t a driver or anything for me to enable. I’ve tried the many fixes found on YouTube and in articles and forums. The only thing I haven’t been able to test is downloading new drivers from asus or microsoft due to not owning a flash drive. 

Is there something I am missing? Did I not setup the computer correctly or is motherboard defective? Do I need to download the drivers to see if this works (seems a bit crazy that I need to do that when this is brand new but I have no idea at this point)? 

Thank you for your help,
Oswin

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99