Micro Center's new Twotrees CNC 3018 Pro CNC Router Kit

Options
DJINTROY_2
DJINTROY_2 ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

Hell everyone, my name is Don and have been looking for a reasonably priced desktop 3018CNC. Over t he weekend I noticed that Micro Center id now selling one, so I picked it up over the weekend.

The unit looks well made and everything assembled as per the instructions. I am impressed with its h eft and materials. This unit comes with a different MB than pictured in the description, it has a MKS DLC-32 board, Which, I believe should be better than the originally pictured 8 bit board. Unfortunately, when I tested the unit, it, I only get motor humming, not turning.

Has anyone in the community h ad any experience with this machine? Does anyone have a suggestion for additional troubleshooting to solve this problem?

Don

Comments

• ssmeier
    Options

I too am experiencing the motor stepper motors humming with no movement.

I have installed the driver software on a Windows 10 laptop. I have configured the Candle software for COM4, which is the port number from Device Manager.

Don (DJINTROY_2),

Did you ever get your 3018 CNC from Twotrees working?

-Steve

• Mikebanak
    Options
    Just bought the Twotrees CNC 3018 Pro and having issues keeping the machine connected to my PC. When I run a program the spindle runs for only a few seconds then the machine disconnects from the PC. If I disconnect the positive spindle wire then the unit does not disconnect . Also can get Easel to connect can use Candle.
  • Mikebanak
    Options
    Meant to type Easel does not connect.
  • I had similar issues and found the power supply that shipped with the TwoTrees was set at the wrong voltage, I changed it from 12v to 24v and got passed the above issues but now it fails and I get "issue with mainboard" error. So I am assuming I may have either fried it trying to get it working or you get what you get for $130

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99