PC Build. Does this work? SUPER BUDGET.

Budget: As cheap as I can make it. Currently under $450 with reused parts.

Thinking AMD.

I have a 750W power supply and a 250gb SSD already.

Let me know if this build works.. Going for MicroATX MOBO.

I play League of Legends and World of Warcraft.

Will this get me by for a couple years?

I am coming from a PC built in 2012 that until recently was playable for both games.

BUILD:

AMD - Ryzen 5 5500 Cezanne 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4

Gigabyte - B450M DS3H AMD AM4 microATX

Crucial - Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL15 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit

Thermaltake - Versa H18 Tempered Glass microATX

PowerColor - AMD Radeon RX 550 LP Single Fan 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

Already have:

750W PSU

250GB SSD

Thank you.

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

I think for the exact same money you could drop the RX550 video card and just get the Ryzen 5700G. It reputedly plays Far Cry 5 at 40 fps at 1080p, so it should be very good for both of those games you listed.

• I have to agree with dropping the RX 550 in favor of using integrated graphics. eSports titles like LoL are more dependent on the single threaded performance of your CPU and the speed of your ram than the power of your graphics. You may need to pull back the settings in WoW to see a stable framerate, but WoW is typically fine to run at 60fps. Having a good foundation on the CPU and motherboard side of things should also help you with upgrades later down the road as well, so I would recommend getting a MOBO with more stable power delivery, maybe a Gigabyte B450 AORUS M or ASRock B450 Pro4. If you can find a good DDR4 3200 CL 16 kit on sale that should also help improve the CPU performance and the integrated graphics speed too.

I threw some of this into the build configurator if you wanted to see it as a list of parts!

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=06f727e2-8dbe-473b-8a03-3097773a8f74

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99