Montech X3 Case Fans

Options
First time build and I have everything working but the fans. How do you connect the case fans in a Montech X3 case to a Asus TUF X570 motherboard?

Comments

• Lambdaben
    Lambdaben ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls
    Options

Hi @Swink12,

Unfortunately, the Montech X3 does not have controllable RGB fans, they only turn on or turn off. If you would like to control the fans, you would need to upgrade and replace them.

• JeremyS
    JeremyS ✭✭
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Its been some time since this post but, If you are having issues with the fans running besides RGB lighting, I believe the montech cases come with Molex connector fans, you will need to plug your power supplies molex power cable into the case fans daisy chain of molex connectors. Let us know what you run into!

• Nurieh
    Options
    I also need help. Totally new at this. We are having trouble connecting the preinstalled fans with the Montech case.  I need to know the connection steps to test that the case fans work. I have all the fans connected daisy chain molex but I’m not understanding what cable to use to connect from what port in the motherboard to what port on the PSU and how the PSU needs to be connected.  Like can the PSU supply power just by turning it on to test the fans or do the cpu/pcie AND motherboard cables have to be connected as well. 
  • andrewt
    Options

I have the same problem as the last photo, my PSU will not connect to the Molex connectors. Can you help?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99