Need help choosing parts for new gaming / everyday use build

Options

Hey everyone! I am finally going to try doing my first build, I'm super stoked and I feel like I've picked some great items, but I just wanted to get some second opinions.

I am hoping to be able to utilize my GTX 1080 for a while longer even in this new build, until I can afford a 3070 or 3080, haha!

Also, I have a ADATA XPG 1 TB M.2 that I am hoping to carry over to the new board as well, but I am kind of debating just spending a little extra cash to get a Gen4x4.

Outside of those two components, I'm starting completely fresh. Let me know what you think and what changes you would do if you were building with similar parts, thanks for any advice!

[It wouldn't let me post the HTML because of links and me being a newbie, so here is just the raw info of the build]

CPU: (1) Intel Core i7-11700K Rocket Lake 3.6GHz Eight-Core LGA 1200 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included ($199.99 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) ASUS Z590-P Prime Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard ($179.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL20 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit MH32GX4M2C3600 - Black ($154.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh Mid-Tower Chassis ATX Computer Case PC Gaming Case w/Tempered Glass Side Panel, Magnetic Dust Filter, Water-Cooling Ready, Side Ventilation ($89.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Corsair CX750M 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply ($89.99 EACH)

Water Cooling Kits: (1) Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit ($209.99 EACH)

Water Cooling Accessories: (1) Corsair Hydro X Series XL8 Performance Coolant 1L - Clear ($19.99 EACH)

Total: $944.93

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The Corsair coolant is only for open loop aka custom loop. The Capellix cooler you selected is sealed and does not have a way to change the coolant already in it.

You may want to consider the 850W power supply. While you mention maybe getting a 3080 some day, the 4000 series will be released soon and everything indicates they will need a lot of power.

Otherwise that looks fine. Probably that motherboard takes 2 m.2? Most do. So dont sweat getting gen 4. You can add one later.
  • TAPEthan
    Options

You should really go for 12th generation Intel with this build. Instead of getting the Intel Core i7-11700K, get the Core i5-12400 which has better gaming performance and longevity for $40 less. Get a B660 motherboard, and pair that with it for a much better value build for the same if not better performance. Also, if you don't need the RGB, you can get a RAM kit for $100 with the same clocks and ram size(Neo Forza 16GB Single Stick x2).

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99