Desktop Deals Month - The Micro Center Champion PowerSpec Recommendations!

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Desktop Deals month is in full swing, with tons of incredible sales on incredible PCS, like $950 off the Micro Center exclusive ASUS ROG Strix GA35!

You can check out the full list of Desktop Deals over here, but if you're looking for suggestions, our Champions put together this list of their personal recommendations!

PowerSpec G470 by @ronwoodson

The PowerSpec G470 is aimed at people who want a powerful gaming rig with the latest specs without the time commitment of having to build it on their own. It comes with an Intel Core i9-12900KF CPU and Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti graphics card, one terabyte of NVMe SSD storage, and 32 gigabytes of DDR4-3600 RAM. All of this sits on top of ASUS Tuff Gaming Z690 Plus WI-fi enabled motherboard. As you can see, the core specs are pretty much the top of the line. Plus, it’s got RGB lighting throughout: from the fans to the motherboard, all the way to the graphics card. The colors are adjustable and that can be done from the desktop app or with the buttons on top of the case.

In terms of performance, there are tons of benchmarking software that exists out there to test all the different parts of your PC but I think you already know what to expect. I mean, let's face it, this PC has the latest generation top-of-the-line Intel i9 processor along with a 3080 Ti graphics card. That’s just about as good as it gets, so you'll have no problem playing the latest PC games on max settings or running CPU-intensive software.

The case of the G470 is manufactured by Lian Li. This mid-tower size case has a tempered glass side panel and a magnetic dust filter. It's water cooling capable and has multiple points of ventilation. It has two USB A ports with a mic and headphone jack on the top next to the power button. On the back, there is a decent amount of port selections that come with the motherboard, including six USB A ports. The power supply that comes with this PC is a 750 80 plus gold-rated semi-modular PSU, which is pretty much the minimum requirement for a PC with these kinds of specs. 750 is fine if you just plan on gaming, but if you plan to overclock it, or do some real intense workloads that will require more power usage, I recommend upgrading to at least 850 and above.

Overall, if you want to skip the research and labor that goes into building a PC and just want one that is powerful and has the latest specs, then this is the PC for you. And with Desktop Deals month in full swing, you're saving more money buying a prebuilt compared to building it yourself.

PowerSpec G167 by @Lesaol

The Powerspec G167 is an amazing option for a pre-built budget gaming computer that will run esports titles at max settings and the most recent AAA releases with ease. Powered by an AMD 5600G processor and 6600 XT Graphics card, the system uses the latest generation of AMD’s best bang-for-buck components. Along with Bluetooth and WiFi, the G167 also has a standard MATX case which future proofs this desktop so that anyone will have the ability to swap out components for higher workloads or different aesthetics. In terms of gaming, popular titles like Valorant, Overwatch, and Apex Legends will run with high FPS and allow gamers to fully utilize modern-day high refresh rate gaming monitors, all while having other applications open in the background thanks to the included 16GB of memory. And during Desktop Deals month, the G167 is only $999.99, making that great performance, ability to future proof, and RGB fans, even easier to fully recommend as one of the best gaming desktop options available today. 

PowerSpec G439 by @Aodhan_Gorman

With the inclusion of NVIDIA and Intel’s latest generation hardware, the Powerspec G439 represents the next step in gaming for new buyers and enthusiasts looking for their first taste of the future of hardware.

Intel’s newest 12th generation Alder Lake processors is a huge shift for not only the company but users and the industry alike. The hybrid core architecture enables both heavy multitasking performance for those looking to use the G439 as a workstation as well as a blistering single core performance for day-to-day activities and gaming. The inclusion of a 240mm liquid cooler from Cooler Master also gives Intel’s processor room to stretch its legs even at the height of its thermal performance.

The included NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti is a stellar entry point for those looking to get into high-level gaming while remaining budget conscious. Able to handle esports titles with ease - both high FPS and high graphical fidelity - the RTX 3070 Ti is certainly no slouch with modern AAA titles either, offering top-of-the-line ray tracing and high-quality graphics for the foreseeable future.

And if you're looking to upgrade, the G439 is made with 100% off the shelf choices, meaning every component can be upgraded or added onto with ease. The Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh makes its debut from PowerSpec with upgraded cooling potential from a massive new mesh front panel. Even those with little experience inside a computer will be pleasantly surprised with its simple yet capable layout. While a 1Tb included NVMe SSD is more than enough to start out with, many users will end up using one of the five additional areas to add more with the ability to accommodate 3.5-inch HDDs, and 2.5inch drives, and even another M.2 NVMe slot with support for PCIe Gen 4. The five 120mm included RGB fans supply ample cooling and lighting effects, but with three RGB LED headers on the motherboard, you could add even more lighting. The rear of the system also supports external expansion with up to 4 monitors using both Displayport and HDMI, a 2.5 Gbps LAN port, USB Type-A and Type-C, bios flash button, and even 7.1-Channel audio connections.

PowerSpec G902 by@Julia_V @Julia_V

As a 3D artist and gamer, I found myself needing a machine that can handle creative applications such as Autodesk Maya, Blender, and Adobe Substance, but also support the latest AAA games. The PowerSpec G902 -exclusive at Micro Center - is perfect for my requirements. The G902 combines the best of three worlds: great performance, great modularity, and great value. Featuring high-end components such as AMD’s 12-core Ryzen 9 5900X and NVidia’s RTX 3080, this machine is a powerhouse for both rendering and gaming. In addition, the G902 comes with a huge 2TB M.2 NVMe solid-state drive and 32 GB of memory out of the box, with space yet for future upgrades. As the machine uses an ASUS X570-Plus (Wi-fi) motherboard, there is an additional M.2 slot on the motherboard for another solid-state drive, and two additional RAM slots for up to 64 GB of memory. These components are housed inside the excellent Lian Li 205 Mesh case, with plenty of airflow and an additional all-in-one liquid cooler for keeping all the high-end components nice and cool. 

For any 3D or digital artist or a gamer looking for a high-end gaming experience in either 1440p or 4K, the G902 is my go-to pick for a pre-built machine. 

PowerSpec G167 by @MexicanPoro

When I was a salesman, the most common question I was asked was “what is the best bang-for-the-buck gaming PC?” Now as a computer technician I don’t really get asked that question, so, I went out to the sales floor and asked a few of the Systems Associates what they thought was the best “bang-for-the-buck” gaming PC, and we all came to the consensus the PowerSpec G167 gaming PC is that PC.

During Desktop Deals month, the G167 is $400 off bringing the price down to only $999.99 which makes it an absolute gem of a pre-build desktop PC. The computer comes packed with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16GB of DDR4 RAM @ 2666mhz (upgradable to 32GB), AMD Radeon 6600 XT, 500GB of NVMe storage, the all-important RGB fans, and comes inside of a Lian Li Lancool 205m case. All these parts, including the motherboard, are all parts that can be bought right off the sales floor, and because of the case that it comes in, it allows the user to make any upgrades that they want in the future and allows easy serviceability. The G167 is ready to play any esports title, like League of Legends, or Valorant at 1080p 144fps with ease. So, the next time you are in your Local Micro Center and are looking for the bang-for-your-buck gaming PC, take a look at the G167.

Price listed is from time of article release - click here for the most up-to-date pricing

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99