Looking for help with a dead memory channel

Options

I bought an 11700KF and an MSI Mag Z590 Tomahawk WiFi back in February. Everything was running great until today when I came home from work. I went to boot my PC and I was getting a long orange light on DRAM and a red light on CPU. I took out 1 stick at first and I ended up booting but I realized it was only recognizing 2 sticks. I tried every orientation with my RAM that I could and I have determined I can only use slots A1 and B1. Is there anything I can do to rectify this issue? Let me know if you need more info and thank you for any help you can provide.

Answers

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

Unfortunately, I've never heard of a way to fix a memory channel being down. You would need to get a new motherboard. If you'd like, you can take it to your closest Micro Center and have it diagnosed if you think you might have missed something with the computer. It's always good to get it checked out and they can tell you what the issues are or at the least get a new board.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Yeah unforunately, it does sound like a dead slot if all sticks of memory produce the same error and work fine on the same board in different slots.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99