Okay Microcenter it’s 2022…how do y’all not have an app?

Options
MillaChill88
edited May 2022 in Off Topic
Idk I could be alone in this thinking but I find apps generally easier to navigate and better catalogued.  Especially since y’all have so many items that are under several different categories. Just curious if Microcenter will ever have an app for iPhone/Android seeing as how it’s the best electronics store in the US bar none.  If this isn’t the place to post this I apologize.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. At this time, we do not have any updates or information on app for Micro Center. Our website is available through any browser on your mobile device. 

• ltf308
    Options
    Ok now it’s 2024 almost every major store has an app, why not yours? You’re a tech store, wouldn’t you think you’d have one. Please get with the times and make one. An app is ( if done right and kept up to date) much easier to use and much more convenient.
  • Connorcade
    Options

I agree that a mobile app would be really nice to have, thankfully I haven't had much issues using the mobile version of the website. No real major roadblocks or hiccups that I've experienced. But yeah, an official Micro Center app would be awesome I think

• Scary_Guy
    Scary_Guy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    Options

Not everything needs to be an app. A mobile website would be fine, and when I'm shopping I generally do that on a real PC anyway.

Apps can be good for a specific task, and if they made an actual open sourced application that might be cool. I don't trust most closed source apps though. One phone is running Postmarket OS and the other is running Lineage OS without any of Google's bloat installed. The less we have spying on us the better, even though it seems like everything is doing it these days. Not to mention developing these apps costs money too and then it's just one more thing that needs to be kept secure.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99