Make-A-Wish at Micro Center, Marietta

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

By @Shoan041

The Marietta, Georgia Micro Center recently had the privilege of partnering with Make-A-Wish to help make a wish come true for a family here in Georgia. Make-A-Wish is an accredited charity whose goal is to grant life-changing wishes to children with critical illnesses. The child’s wish was to build his own gaming computer. Make-A-Wish reached out to us in order to get the parts for the build and to help teach the family how to build the computer. Of course, we were overjoyed with the opportunity to help grant this wish. Our own Build Your Own associate, Valerie, worked closely with Make-A-Wish to pick out the correct parts for the build. She arranged to have the build take place on our young guest’s birthday, which made it an even more special day for the family.

Our visitors arrived at the store before opening. They enjoyed a special shopping experience as they had the whole store to themselves. After gathering everything for the build, we took a group picture and a refreshment break. Then, it was time to go to service, where the real magic happened! Lance, one of our technicians, worked one on one with the young man to build the computer like a professional. The rest of the family took front row seats to watch as the parts all went together built by the young man.  The glow on all their faces couldn’t even be matched by the dazzling display of the RGB in the computer after it was completed. The gift card we had given to the wish kid was used on a new Apple Watch before they even left for the day.

This was one of the most amazing experiences that we have had the pleasure to be a part of. The excitement of the day was shared not only by the family and the  Make-A-Wish Coordinator, but by other associates from the store as well. Managers came by to give gifts and other sales associates came by just to take pictures. Everyone happily gave birthday tidings. This ultimate gaming PC will enable this Wish Kid to undoubtedly enjoy playing all kinds of video games (especially racing games!) for years to come.

It was definitely a day that will remain in the hearts of everyone at the Marietta, Georgia Micro Center for years to come!

For our curious tech fans out there, here is a list of all the build parts our Wish Kid used from the store to make their very own build!

Computer Parts

Accessories

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Wow! I am glad to see we were able to make a wish come true at the Marietta store!

• Rye_Bread
    Rye_Bread ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options

That's so amazing! This is an experience he'll never forget. Huge props to Valerie and Lance for helping him build this rig. Seeing the picture of Lance coaching him through the process is absolutely heartwarming.

• Mossyelm
    Options

I’m a cancer patient from Ohio that did a Make a Wish shopping spree when I was 15 (I’m 25 now). It was an unforgettable experience that I’ll cherish forever! I built my own pc at Micro Center several years ago. I was a console gamer at the time, but I would’ve loved to do the same thing as this little guy if I knew the advantages of pc gaming. Thank you Micro Center and Make a Wish for proving this family with an amazing experience!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99